- 18-Apr-2017 to 19-May-2017 (MST)
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Syberjet Aircraft
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
SyberJet Aircraft is an MSC Aerospace company and a U.S. based manufacturer of the world's fastest and longest range seven-seat light business jet – the SJ30. The SJ30 has a top speed of Mach 0.83 (486 kts / 560 mph), a 2,500 nautical mile range, and maintains sea level cabin pressure up to 41,000 feet (maximum flight ceiling of 49,000 feet). SyberJet Aircraft has operations in Cedar City, Utah and in San Antonio, Texas.
Summary of Position
The role of the Manufacturing Planner 1 is to develop and maintain the manufacturing bill of material (MBOM) and, create and maintain assembly work instructions within engineering drawing limits. Utilizing textual and graphic instructions develop and maintain efficient detail, sub assembly, assembly and installation planning, and analyze and develop tooling requirements and tool work orders to support the manufacturing assembly and installation processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- 2 - 8 years of aircraft manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret all classes of engineering drawings.
- Knowledge in populating and maintaining a manufacturing bill of materials in an MRP II system.
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management software.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as Word and Excel and the use of Access.
- Demonstrate professionalism and have effective oral and written communication skills.
- A self starter with good analytical skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Coordinate change incorporation and optimize processes for production implementation.
- Exhibit good decision making skills and the ability to improve production processes.
- Maintain aircraft fabrication, assembly, sub assembly and installation plans.
- Create and maintain tool work orders to facilitate manufacturing processes.
- Provide liaison support for production floor via work instruction and MBOM modifications.
- Participate and incorporate Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Supervision.
- Position may require exposure to hot and cold working conditions within an aircraft hanger, in addition to moderate to extreme noise conditions.
- Frequently lifts, carries, moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds unassisted, when performing essential job functions.
- Typically, bends, stoops, crouches, ascends, and descends on a regular basis, when performing essential job functions.
- Constantly observes, assesses, inspects, communicates, detects, conveys, and exchanges information, when performing essential job functions.
ABOUT MSC AEROSPACE:
MSC Aerospace (www.mscaerospace.com) is a family of integrated and synergistic companies with aerospace related operations. Besides producing the SJ30 light business jet, MSC Aerospace companies support the manufacture and assembly of aircraft components for many leading commercial and military customers.